Thursday, May 1, 2008

I am Just Me - SBS10 Challenge #4



So this week was my turn to post a challenge for my sistahs in my SBS10 group and it was



"We're all getting to know each other a little more each day and now it's time to dig a little deeper. Make a scrapbook page hilighting all things YOU. This page should include things like your favorite color, movie, time of day, things that make you relax, things that make you happy, and most importantly, things that make you who YOU are... there are no color, size, or paper stipulations... just make a page about you."



I've finished mine... this challenge has been swirling around in my head for about a week before I actually posted it for my sistahs, so I had somewhat of an advantage over them. I will admit, this was a tough challenge... perhaps the toughest yet; here's why... We find it so easy to scrapbook about the people we love... those who light up our lives with the smiles they beam at us... it's rare that we use ourselves as our main focus... I mean, think about it... we make these pages for others to look at and often we are the ones who actually took the pictures, so it's natural that our faces don't show up very often in our own scrapbooks... anyway, I overcame my lack of scrapping myself and dove in... here's what I came up with...



I wrote sort of an essay as my journaling block... to include all things that make me who I am... well... most things. I had to limit my words, because my space was limited. I am by nature a writer, and when given a challenge to write, I can get kinda wordy... funny thing is... I'm not a regular journaler. I don't keep a diary, or a journal, or anything like that... I just blog. :) If you are interested in what my journaling says, you can read it below... don't kill your eyes trying to squint to read it on my SB page. :)

DEETS: Paper: Certainly Celery, Butterfly Montage DP by PSX Paper Designs, Orange Sherbet DP (don't know who makes it, sorry), Ink: none, except the ink from my printer; Accessories: Black Sharpie Marker, Cricut Cartridge Opposites Attract

My journaling reads:

"I am a girl who loves to be loved; someone who needs to be needed. I am one of the most stubborn people in the world and I am bold. Many times, I appear to know exactly what I want, but too many of those times, I am questioning myself every step of the way. I try to be self-confident but low self-esteem sometimes gets in the way of that. I am just like my Mother in more ways than one; I love to make things with my hands – Being creative is what gives me serenity. I always strive to be the best at everything and I often come down too hard on myself when I feel I have fallen short. I am a dreamer… Some might say that I have far too many ambitions for one person to accomplish in a lifetime. When I was a little girl, I dreamt of becoming a famous singer, but for now, I think I’ll just stick to singing my children to sleep. I love to dance, as long as no one is watching. In high school, I wanted to become a famous actress… and now, I play the leading role in my life as a Wife and Mother. Family and friends mean the world to me. I love my husband more than words can express. He makes my heart beat steadily. My children are the axel on which my world spins… they keep me on my toes and they never cease to remind me of the important things in life – like unconditional love. I am a Child of God and He cracks my knuckles every time I make a poor decision. It’s ironic how right he is sometimes… Okay, all the time. I like to be the shoulder that my friends lean on when they need a good cry; after all, a good cry is good for the soul. Giving advice comes naturally to me, but I will be the first to admit that I don’t know everything… Okay, maybe the second. I enjoy taking care of others and though I may grow tired or weary, I press on, because I am needed. I love to laugh and I enjoy making others laugh too. I am optimistic – the glass may only have one or two more sips left in it, but that’s one or two more sips that I still have to enjoy. Though I am notorious for being late, I don’t like to miss a thing! I like to think of myself as a great friend – someone you can count on no matter what the situation or need may be. I’ve learned, over the years, that it doesn’t matter what others think of you – it’s how you feel about yourself that really matters. There are so many words I could use to describe who I am, but I’d rather sum it up in just one short sentence…
I am Just Me."


Thanks for popping in on me... don't forget to link me up to see your challenge cards for my
Send a card to a Burn Victim challenge...
Who will be the lucky winner of the blog candy in store? Get your cards done & link me up!

11 comments:

Debbie Yates said...

Yes that is who you are....and I thank the good Lord everyday for his wisdom and hand in your life! I am very proud of you!

Becky Stewart said...

Gorgeous layout and amazing words. I hope you don't mind but I have tagged you - check out my blog if you'd like to play along.
Becky

Chris said...

very nicely done!! you did an awesome job on this and i feel as if i have some insight as to who you really are. this is a hard challenge...i think about it often, but i'm not sure when i will pull all of those swirly notions into a LO.>"<

stampingmommy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! You put a lot of info about yourself into this! I have a hard time sharing about myself, so this is an especially hard challenge for me! (SBS)

Tru said...

This is just beautiful, the layout, the words and the photo. Still havn't got mine together yet.

Lastel said...

Wonderful page and superb journaling . I still need to get the first challenge done and mine too !

Latisha said...

great challenge...but a little tough, I will have to go find a picture of me somewhere...off to go look

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Your "Just Me" page is absolutely beautiful!!! You definatley have a gift for writing and creativity. I enjoy your blog so, so much! I check it everyday. Keep up the beautifyl work.
April :-)

Unknown said...

Nice writing!! I think I now you better now. I have to catch up with the challenges but this is one I'm definetly looking forward to do. I don't know how I'm going to describe myself...that is one hard thing to do LOL!!!

Love the LO, the journal and everything!!! TFS

Allison Rankin said...

This is a lovely LO...so pretty (esp. your pic!).

Unknown said...

Sara, this is a lovely layout and some great insight into you..I have never done a layout, but perhaps I will think on and maybe have a go at it, although I can't guarantee when I'd get round to it....Thank you for the inspiration :-D

Music That Makes My MoJo Flow...