Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Killed two birds with one stone!

So, a few months ago, I signed up for several swaps all in one night. I think the total was 6 different swaps - Inkadinkadoo, Stampin' Up, Stamping Bella, 3 Recipe Swaps - I wasn't worried about getting behind on these swaps because some of them aren't even due until August and I signed up in April! Well, you saw the Stampin' Up Swaps I did HERE and the Stamping Bella Swaps are HERE and HERE; I just finished the Inkadinkadoo Swaps Sunday night and I must say, I am right proud of myself. Not only did I complete the requirements of my swap, but I used the Friday's sketch challenge #5 from the girls over at FRIDAY SKETCHERS!





I killed two birds with one stone...Here's my card...





My color palat was not one I would've originally put together. I got a randomly generated combo from THIS AMAZING SITE! I love how it turned out! The set I used is called "Birds Galore" and I have come to adore it. To ink up the main image, I used my Bravo Burgandy ink pad and then hilighted the leaves a little with my Green Galore Marker. After I stamped the image, I colored a couple white spaces using my Tempting Turquoise marker. My favorite part of the card... the upper right corner - a cardstock called Black Magic by Core'dinations courtesy of my lovely momma! (*Thanks Mom*)

The next card I want to share with you is another sketch from the Friday Sketchers girls... Sketch #4...


I changed it up a little bit, but for the most part, I kept in line with the sketch. Did you see the Crystal Effects I put on the wine glasses & wine bottle? I just love this card! Oh, and did you catch the use of my new NESTABILITIES??? This girl has got to find more time to play with all her new toys! I had so much fun making this card!

Finally, I want to share a recent project I tried with you. I made my girl a camisol tee with a bella image on it! I was so proud after I finished it... it was somewhere around 4PM and I let her - no, I encouraged her to change her clothes! (You must know that my girlie girl changes her outfits more in one day than I even think about blinking my eyes in a week! Okay, slight exaggeration, but still... it's a lot). If I were to do this again, I would color it differently with lighter colors, but she LOVED it!

That's all I've got for you tonight girls... Have a good one... I'll be back as soon as I can!

17 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

What a lovely colourful card! You did a great job using the sketch!! Thanks for joining in with the challenge!

Latisha said...

6 swaps! You must of been one busy mamma! I can't sign up for more than 2 at a time, or else I stress.

Debbie Yates said...

OOOhhh I love Kailynn's t-shirt - very, very cute!!!! What kind of ink did you use so it will not wash out?
I'll see you next wednesday!

Lesly said...

You go girl! I'm thinking about signing up for one swap a week. We'll see out it goes. I'm slways afraid my work isn't good enough.
Lesly
SBS10

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo excited that I was able to view some great and of course gorgeous things your creative mind put together. Everything is awesome. I just love what you did with everything. I can't wait to have sometime together to play. Have a wonderful day and I will talk to you soon. Your BFF, Penny "O"

Tru said...

Love your cards! U must've been soo busy do keep up with all those swaps, I struggle with 2 a month! You've done a beautiful job. Hope your having a good week.
Trudi SBS10

ps - please pass on my thanks to your Mum for her lovely comment on my blog.

Chris said...

your cards look great!! the first one is a color cmbo i wouldn't think of either, but it's fantastic!!! love the bella-T. so damn cute!! you would think my boys are girls as much as they change their clothes...LOL

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

beautiful cards!! Really love the bird!! I run out of time, sorry for the late reaction....

Anonymous said...

Great card! thanks for joining in FS.
Carole ;D

Michelle said...

LOVE those cards - What perfect colours you've used. The nestabilities.... Don't even start me!
Thanks Sarah - beautiful, as usual.
Michelle SBS10

Mari said...

I don't know where to write it. You are daughter is sooooo beautiful and cute, and we love the same things in crafting. Jewlery and cardmaking. So as a new crafter and blogger, I thought to tell you by thoughts.

Mari

Whimsey said...

I love all the cards; but those bird cards are stunning!!!

Hugs,
Michele, SBS10

Unknown said...

Lovin the t-shirt and some lovely cards. I think I want some oval nestabilities ;-) Lookin' good

Julia said...

I love the shirt!!! Your cards are great to!

Tru said...

Hope things are going well. Just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for an award on my blog.
Take care

Debbie Yates said...

You've been tagged - check it out!!!!

Xerox 8500 ink said...

That must be one of the nicest gifts I have ever seen. Really, I mean it's not something typical or anything like that, it's more of an enhanced upgrade to the original production. It's always fun to give something that looks like there was a lot of thought put into it which is what we all like to call, "priceless". So let's all take at least one day every so often, maybe even be spontaneous and let's form some sort of gift to give someone special to us that bit of recognition to know that we still care :) it'll be fun!

Music That Makes My MoJo Flow...