Saturday, April 19, 2008

Special Someone card revealed:

So the other day, I told you about a card I made for a Special Someone while Anette's daughter Catherine, made a card for her professor. Mom sent me a picture the other day of the card I sent her. I miss my Mom, and can't wait to see her. Every now and again, I get homesick and just need a Momma Hug. This was my way of sending her one.

I Love how this card turned out... It's so elegant. I used the Faux Shaving Cream Technique for the butterfly and Two-Step Stamping for the flowers & leaves. I overlayed the whole thing with a piece of Vellum and added a little organdy ribbon with a Bling-Bling Charm for a little something extra.

Enjoy! Be back soon with more posts!
Oh yeah, and by the way... I updated my swap post... be sure to scroll down to see all the 6X6 recipe cards that Anette & I worked so hard on...
~Sara

8 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful card, such soft pretty colors and the vellum adds a touch of elegance :)

Debbie Yates said...

Yep that's me - someone special!! Thank you baby...I miss you!

Latisha said...

I've never done the shaving cream technique before. The card is nice. I love that flower stamp. My house is coming along good. I don't stamp until late at night, when the kids are in bed. I think I only have about 15-16 boxes to unpack. The last time we moved, & the movers give you the check off sheet, there was 386 items! That includes loose items like bed frames and such, but for the most part they were boxes. So to only have about 16 left is awesome. Its a new home so everything needs to find a new place. I like to have everything organized...my husband does more than I do, I think its military in him. Anyhow, I hope you are having a nice weekend!

Unknown said...

Sara, its lovely, I haven't got a clue about any techniques, I am a pretty useless stamper....but this looks great. I love the charm too, it does give a real nice extra touch - ChrissyX

Deb Wood said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the link!!! This is so sweet that you send these cards to your Mom and it's beautiful! I know I would miss my mom to I see her almost everyday and if one day goes by when I don't talk to her or see her I worry and miss her!

Lisa Hetrick said...

Sarah. This card is so beautiful. I know what you mean about homesick. My mom passed away 10 years ago. And, man, I miss her so much. So nice that you can send your Mom such a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing. Lisa SBS10

Michelle said...

Cool Sara!! This card really is special. So very elegant, and classy. What a great combination!
Well done.
Michelle SBS10

Chris said...

this card is absolutley gorgeous!!! i haven't even heard of the shaving creme technique...must def check this one out when i am feeling better!!!

Music That Makes My MoJo Flow...