Saturday, April 26, 2008

SBS10 Challenge #3, My Challenge, and Blog Candy

I've been sitting on a challenge that was given nearly two weeks ago to me by my Sisterhood group and I've finally finished it. The challenge was to use Hot Pink and Black together and also throw in a little heat embossing. The lovely Lastel gave us this challenge, and I'm so glad she did because she inspired me to ink up a naked stamp and try a technique I haven't used in ages! Thanks Lastel!
I used the Always stamp set from Stampin' Up and the French Flair BG stamp. I embossed the Background in White using the Versamarker to ink up the stamp b/c I didn't want the birds on it. Then on Pink Passion Paper, I inked up my naked bird with Basic Black craft pad and embossed with detail black EP. To make the brackets around the word "everything," I punched out my round tab punch on black cardstock and then moved it slightly to the right and punched it again (side by side) and it created the fun bracket you see here on my card! Cool huh?
I hope I've inspired you today to try an old technique...
Don't forget to Send a Card to A Burn Victim...
let me know you did...
I think some blog candy may be rearing it's pretty little head soon for those of you who take a pic of the card you send & link me up to spread the word!

11 comments:

Lastel said...

Beautiful card Sara , great job , I love it !

Tru said...

Such a beautiful card, I'm loving the challenges and how different everyone's cards are. I love the french flair set, I may have to add this one to my wish list as well.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Trudi

Whimsey said...

Very, very pretty! It's Saturday night, 11:45 p.m. and I STILL haven't done challenge #3!!! BUT I'm halfway done with the 40 baby announcements I'm making. LOL

Hugs, Michele
SBS10

Anonymous said...

Great card!!! and thanks I finally got my Feb package! lol. the boarder had it searched so it took some time :P Thanks for everything and the boys love the Cars tins!!!

Alex said...

Your card is just gorgeous!! I visit your mom's blog regularly and now have you bookmarked since you told us your story this morning! You are a very brave woman and I have the utmost respect for what you have been through!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Chris said...

this is a gorgeous card!!! i just got this set and have yet to ink it up....thanks for the inspiration!!! >"<

Michelle said...

Hello! Well done on completing your challenge for SBS! The card is fabulous! LOVE what you have done. Doesn't it just feel so great to have it off your To Do list??
Michelle SBS10

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Hi Sara, just wanted to let you know that you are the winner of this week's card give away on my blog!

This card is very pretty, I love what you did with the layout!

Unknown said...

Its a lovely card Sara, I really do love the pink & black. I confess I don't heat emboss too often now...I love the birdie ith the flowers n swirls :-)

Debbie Yates said...

Thank you for my Mother's Day card - this card is so much prettier IRL.....I would know because it is mine ..all mine!

Rochelle W said...

What a great card. I haven't done any of the challenges. I feel so bad.

Music That Makes My MoJo Flow...