Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Thanks

Allow me to introduce you to a very special person in my life. I'm not sure she will ever know the impact she has had on my life, but she has definately made a lasting impression. Ms. Sherri Hankins is the professor who taught me my first college course. She helped me get over the hurdle of starting college... she helped me conquer the fear of failing. Ms. Hankins has been a teacher for over 30 years. She taught my "Effective Teacher Training" class at Carteret Community College. The course offered information to help teachers (and others) acquire effective teaching skills in order to make classroom time more effective. I originally enrolled in the course so I could become a substitute teacher in our local school system. Two weeks into the course, I was hired at Hamad Realty (as the bookkeeper), but instead of quitting, I decided to finish the course and apply my newly acquired knowledge to my volunteer time in youth ministry.

Ms. Hankins is full of knowledge, war-stories, advice, and wisdom and I am so glad I decided to stay in her class. I learned a lot and at the end of my college career, I will have owed so much to her because she nudged me to complete the first phase of it. As a small (very small) token of my appreciation, I made her a little notebook to carry in her purse wherever she goes.
One of her little bits of knowledge that she shared was "Write everything down and always carry a little notebook with you... you'll need it for something you think you won't forget." I truly enjoyed every minute in her class and hope someday she knows the impact she has made on so many more lives than just mine.
Supplies: Unfrogettable Stamp Set, Stampin' Write Markers, Brocade Blue Cardstock, Rose Red Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Googley Eyes, Charmaine's tutorial (http://oodabugalley.blogspot.com/2007/03/notepad-holder-tutorial.html) and a little creativity.
Thanks for checking in on me... have faith, I'll be back soon! God Bless!

1 comment:

Debbie Yates said...

Have I told you how proud I am of you? I am you know! You validate me...especially these days! God bless-

Music That Makes My MoJo Flow...